1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP ESPN The Magazine

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Inky_Wretch, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Honestly, NFL Network's on-air coverage is better than ESPN's.

However, ESPN.com has some tremendous local and national NFL writers (and some shitty ones); not much of a fan of NFL.com's written work.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I love Texture but Apple has bought it and are killing it off for the most part. Damn.

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I don't know about joy and admiration, but I recall a time in ESPN's lifespan when it very much did seem to decide which NFL players it would promote hard - overwhelmingly so - that there was no other way to view it than a joke.

Off the top of my head, I am referring to the post-Super Bowl, pre-Flacco Ray Lewis Ravens, Terrell Owens, Favre and Tony Romo.

Duly noted on the concussions, DD, and the league's pathetic, seemingly seasonal crises of conscience - Ray Rice, bullying, corporal punishment, kneelers, so on (and which ESPN covers while acting the part of a Greek chorus). I have become so disgusted with the onfield product that the era slips my mind.

Last edited: May 3, 2019
  4. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I still get my magazines from Texture on a Kindle Fire.

Last edited: May 3, 2019
  5. Sports Barf

Sports Barf Active Member

I think if they cut it now ESPN would hear cries of racism on the vocal left that pollutes twitter

6. Fran Curci

Fran Curci Well-Known Member

They'd hear about it, but I think they could take the heat, especially if they didn't kill it completely.

7. Fran Curci

Fran Curci Well-Known Member

You're right -- I have to think this is setting up Merida for a soft landing. I wonder if he'll have to move from D.C. to Bristol.

8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

They have Kay Adams and that's all ya need IMHO

Draft saved Draft deleted