1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP ESPN’s Edward Aschoff

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ChristopherWalsh, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

So, so sad. Tearing up reading her post and those replies.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Watched the credits roll on the Christmas Eve Sportscenter - I generally like watching it because they run a bunch of the This is SportsCenter ads - but you never realize how many people there are off-camera that make that operation work.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Truly heartbreaking. The sudden, shocking loss of a loved one is beyond comprehension and there is no playbook on how to go through it. For me, it was to be there for my parents and siblings and to be as strong as possible for them.

Even this week at my parents' house for Christmas, with lots of pictures of JJAB everywhere, there are times where you just have to stop and pause. And, yes, grieve.

Though this Christmas is better than last Christmas than the previous Christmas, their loss is still there. Every day. I'm not saying time makes it go away. It doesn't. It just makes it a lot more manageable in terms of how to deal with the loss and grief.

I'm hoping his fiance found some relief by writing what she did. I know I did when JJAB died, though it's not easy.

RIP.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Turns out lymphoma triggered it:

Draft saved Draft deleted