1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Elizabeth Peña

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, Oct 15, 2014.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Not a big star, but an actress with many, many credits.

Dead at 55 after an illness.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/lone-star-actress-elizabeth-pena-dies-55-26227096

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear Tony. RIP

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Lone Star is one of my favorite films. First thing I ever saw Chris Cooper in.

RIP

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

This and Cop Rock had the best farewells of any cancelled shows.

5. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Amazing film.

I remember her in La Bamba and she was on a short-lived show called "I married Dora" that had a very young Juliette Lewis in it.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

First thing I remember her in was "*batteries not included" in 1987, a really nice little film with Hume Cronyn and Jessica Tandy. Right after that was when "I Married Dora" came, I obviously wasn't the only one impressed with her.

Checking out her imdb page, she worked steadily from the mid-1980s till she died.

7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

"Modern Family" actress? I've seen almost every one, and she looks only vaguely familiar. Seems she was in TWO episodes.

8. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I always remember her as the housekeeper who was "diddling" Richard Dreyfus (and then Nick Nolte) in "Down and Out in Beverly Hills."

9. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

For some stupid reason, I thought she was Al Pacino's wife in "Heat," until I looked it up and learned that was Diane Venora.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Directed by Paul Mazursky, who died a few months ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted