1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Elizabeth Peña

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, Oct 15, 2014.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Not a big star, but an actress with many, many credits.

Dead at 55 after an illness.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear Tony. RIP
  3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Lone Star is one of my favorite films. First thing I ever saw Chris Cooper in.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

This and Cop Rock had the best farewells of any cancelled shows.
  5. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Amazing film.

I remember her in La Bamba and she was on a short-lived show called "I married Dora" that had a very young Juliette Lewis in it.
  6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

First thing I remember her in was "*batteries not included" in 1987, a really nice little film with Hume Cronyn and Jessica Tandy. Right after that was when "I Married Dora" came, I obviously wasn't the only one impressed with her.

Checking out her imdb page, she worked steadily from the mid-1980s till she died.
  7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

"Modern Family" actress? I've seen almost every one, and she looks only vaguely familiar. Seems she was in TWO episodes.
  8. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I always remember her as the housekeeper who was "diddling" Richard Dreyfus (and then Nick Nolte) in "Down and Out in Beverly Hills."
  9. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Active Member

For some stupid reason, I thought she was Al Pacino's wife in "Heat," until I looked it up and learned that was Diane Venora.
  10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Directed by Paul Mazursky, who died a few months ago.
Draft saved Draft deleted