1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Elizabeth Edwards

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

What's funny is that Hillary was exactly who came to mind when I was thinking of comparisons.

And the day Hillary leaves us, I will come on here and post: "Brilliant woman. And could also be one mean son of a bitch and an awful friend."

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

But I never saw any evidence that Elizabeth Edwards was mean or awful.

3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Oh please. Besides being utterly tasteless, could your attitudes toward these women be any more cliched?

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I read her book. Every page. Didn't see anything remotely like what you're suggesting. And I'm supposed to be the right-wing lunatic on this board.

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Asking you again, other than the anecdotes you read in Game Change, which were related to a political campaign and nothing else, what evidence do you have that she is somehow being treated with kid gloves?

This is a woman who not only suffered ultimate public humiliation, but wasted the last couple years of her life dealing with the fact that her husband was a philandering liar. And still declined to shred him, because her children were going to have only one parent, the philandering liar.

We get it, Dick. You read some stuff about Elizabeth Edwards in Game Change. Bravo.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Yeah, I read Game Change, also. And to repeat, EE can't touch Hilary for being a world-class Brunhilda. EE is a world-class wife and mother ... certainly better than the Breck Girl deserved.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Chris Jones has some thoughts about her and as always, Jones is probably dead on. This is a guy who covered the Edwards campaign so I figure he knows a little bit about her and her relationship with her husband

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/chris-jones/elizabeth-edwards-death-4205021

Maybe she wasn't always a loving wife. Maybe she was hungry for power. Maybe things went on inside their giant home, things that were as much her fault as his.

But that steamy afternoon in Allendale, she seemed like a real and decent human being, an owner of a caring heart, a friendly and gracious force of nature.

8. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Rest in peace, Ms. Edwards

9. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Anyone know of a good book about Elizabeth Edwards -- not one by her, mind you -- that casts her a few times in a negative light? Seems like I heard about one, but the name is escaping me.

(Sorry. RIP. She seemed sane.)

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I cannot imagine the stress he put on her life. I applaud her for talking about it.

RIP and my prayers for her children.

11. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Dick, The lack of respect for the dead is stunning. How you could think death is the appropriate time to go through a laundry list of somebody's alleged failings as a human being... The cynicism... The lack of 'judge not lest ye be judged'... The lack of the Golden Rule... Unreal.

Is this what you want the day you die? "Dick was class in his battle with death, but remember when he royally fucked up?"

Your posts on this thread are tasteless, gossipy, and just generally stink.

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Here's one.

And if nothing else, perhaps it can teach you that honesty and good manners aren't mutually exclusive.

http://bit.ly/gT12RD

Draft saved Draft deleted