1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Elizabeth Edwards

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Dec 7, 2010.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Re: Sad news about Elizabeth Edwards

Geez that was fast.

And I think we can all agree that Dick is 100,000,000% right on the idea of a "positive attitude" during a cancer battle being a hunk of shit.

Hope Edwards' family finds peace, even that scumbag of a husband.

2. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

RIP. You were the brains behind the beauty.

3. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Don't try to tell John that.

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Damn. I had much respect for her, before and after the campaign and marriage fiasco.

Too young and too classy to pass away.

5. CRR13

CRR13 Member

She showed class even when confronted with such devastating news, whether with her idiotic husband or the cancer diagnosis. God bless her and her family.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Sorry, you're right. It's never fast to family members. Well, it is, but it's excruciatingly slow at the same time. I just meant fast as in the amount of time that lapsed between her announcement that she was stopping treatment and her death.

And Dick, I completely agree. Nobody wanted to live more than my Mom, and nobody was dealt a crueler fate. So spare me the positive attitude bullshit (not directed at you, obviously). It doesn't matter, not one whit.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I don't think that's what he was getting at.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

I quite honestly wasn't sure either but decided to give John the benefit of the doubt, though he doesn't deserve it.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Good on her for being honest to the end, thereby denying John the chance to stand up at the funeral and tell everyone how wonderful his sham marriage was. He was going to emote to Little Girl In The Drain levels for that one.

10. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Like others have said, seemed like a classy person who deserved better.

RIP.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

RIP.

As someone who just lost a close relative to breast cancer, this is hard to see.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I know you posted this before we knew she had died. But on the worst day she ever had, she wasn't in the same ballpark as being a bully as Hillary is.

Draft saved Draft deleted