1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Edna Krabappel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

The producers said she wasn't the one planned to be killed off, so there's someone else.

2. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Well if it's Julie Kavner (Marge and her sisters) or Yeardly Smith (Lisa) the show can potentially go on, though it would be interesting if they replace the voice actor or write the character out as they are main characters. Anybody else and it would pretty much have to be the end of the show because of the number of voices Dan Castellaneta, Nancy Cartwright, Hank Azaria, Harry Shearer and Pamela Hayden do.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I remember Shearer said at one point they tried to recast a couple of the voices but the top voice actors refused because they didn't want to "betray" characters on a beloved show... I'm not sure how much of that I believe, but they are paying a fortune to that group. I think some of them, at one point were getting $400K an episode. That may have been reduced at the last contract though...

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, it sounds like they were "reduced" from $400K an episode to $250K an episode in 2011. That's still crazy money, but Fox will be swimming in Simpsons syndication money for years and years and years...

5. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

+1. Didn't read any of the links, but IIRC she had been battling cancer for years.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

That's where I'll always remember her ... behind the desk in the lobby cracking one-liners.

RIP, Marcia.

7. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

There was no Simpsons episode. The World Series was on.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Darn the thread title; I thought someone who was drunk started an Ed Kranepool obit thread.

9. CHETtheJET

CHETtheJET Member

Hope there is krusy's canned chile in heaven.

Draft saved Draft deleted