1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Eddy Arnold

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by GuessWho, May 8, 2008.

1. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

http://www.cmt.com/news/country-music/1587054/country-music-hall-of-fame-member-eddy-arnold-dies-at-age-89.jhtml

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Holy crap, I thought one of my close friends died and it somehow merited a thread on sj!

3. Jay August

Jay August Member

I'm not really a country music fan, but Cattle Call was my favorite song when I was 3. RIP, Eddy.

4. huntsie

huntsie Active Member

My parents used to listen to his records all the time. My dad thought he could sing like him. I can hear him -- my (late) dad singing "Anytime" in my head right now.
    I thought Eddy had passed away years ago.

5. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

One of my mom's favorites.

"Make the worrrllld go away ... take it off of my shoulldders ... say the things you used to say ... and make the worrrllld go away."

6. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Definitely a second-tier guy in the country music pantheon, but nevertheless one who will be missed. For better or worse, his pop-influenced style was a forerunner to the "countrypolitan" sound of the 70s. RIP.

Draft saved Draft deleted