1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Eddie: Too young to die at 16

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Jun 27, 2006.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Eddie the dog from Frasier dead at 16. Also the star of My Dog Skip

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/06/27/ufrasier.xml&sSheet=/news/2006/06/27/ixnews.html

[​IMG]

2. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

That 112 in dog years. long and full life, etc., etc.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That dog got more pub per screen time than any actor in history.

4. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

I had no idea that they replaced Moose halfway through the show's run.

5. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

My parents' first dog — Tasha, God rest her ancient schnauzer soul — lived to about three months shy of her 16th birthday. We all figured that was a pretty good life, though we agreed it could have been longer had she not stolen my Happy Meal hamburgers when I was little and had we fed her ice cream under the table.

6. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Sounds like she managed to live a good long life anyway. (grin)

My Jack Russell, Sparky, is nearly 11 now and I know he's got a few years to go.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

You never know. Those Happy Meals and ice cream may have made her so happy it actually extended her life.

8. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

Perhaps. Since Tasha died, Mr. and Mrs. OHB Sr. have added five dogs and two cats to their household. One dog died at 13 (she was a breeder's dog for 4 years), and the others are 11, 11, 7 and 1; the cats are 4 and 2. Sometimes those pets eat better than I do. Maybe there's something to the hamburger-and-ice-dream dog diet.

Anybody else's dogs eat weird, non-traditional dog food? How has it affected them? Perhaps we could go national with this, trumpet a new canine diet for longer life. It'll be huge ...

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I guess what I meant was your dog sounded like she was happy, and I'm a big believer that people who are happier tend to live longer (or at least better). My sympathies on your loss, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted