1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Ed Koch

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

We weren't the only ones talking about Hizzoner's record on AIDS. The Times updated his obituary.

www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/01/new-york-times-ed-koch-aids_n_2600563.html

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

RIP to the man I affectionately called "Mayor Crotch."

3. BenPoquette

BenPoquette Active Member

How can you not love Ed Koch? Koch and Guliani are New York...plain and simple. Look at guys like Dinkins and the current idiot, hard not to appreciate Koch and Guliani's greatness and what they did for New York.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

You don't like Bloomberg, fine. But he's far from an idiot. He has overseen continued prosperity in NYC.

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Bloomberg - already a billionaire many times over - is also likely to be the least corrupt mayor in the history of the city. Not a great politician, necessarily, but immune to the kind of leverage and incentive that ruins most office holders.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Neil Fabricant doesn't agree with you: http://bloombergwatch.com/index.php/10/bloomberg-the-corrupt/

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

He's even more over than the mayor Ed Koch

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

A fraud of a mayor -- gave great SNL and foreign policy statements, not so good at picking up the garbage or dealing with graft.

9. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

THANK you. That's been in my head all day!

10. BenPoquette

BenPoquette Active Member

Anyone that legislates the size of a beverage is an idiot.

11. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

These guys agree.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

That used to be true of some politicians from both parties. We were better off for it.

My mere two years living in NY overlapped Beame and Koch. I remember the sense that things would get better.

RIP

Draft saved Draft deleted