1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Ed Bradley

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Duane Postum, Nov 9, 2006.

1. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

I hope they have a public memorial for Mr. Bradley somewhere, so that some of us might pay our respects in person. I've watched him since he was on the ground in Vietnam. A great reporter gone too soon.

If anyone saw the 60M story a few weeks ago about the young woman's lawsuit against BP, it was evident in Mr. Bradley's voiceover that he was very sick indeed. He sounded frail, and I have no doubt that it took real effort, and bravery and grit, for him to have done that work.

2. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I'm stunned and sad right now. :'(

3. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

We were talking about Ed's story on the guys accused in the Duke Lacrosse rape case just a few days ago (which inspired my profile pic). Great journalism.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

First heard it on Dan Patrick today, he said they had been trying to get Ed on the air to talk about the Duke story.

What a loss.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Damn, that sucks.

A great journalist and from all accounts, a great human being.

RIP.

6. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Ed introduced Little Feat at Tipitina's in '88, when he was in N.O. for the GOP convention.

They took a break and I introduced myself to him. He was very gracious. Cool. Engaging.

It says a lot that he worked all the way up to his death.

Rita Cosby interviewed Mike Wallace just now and he spoke of meeting his mother, who he called an extraordinary woman. Sounds like she will have to bury her son. That is very sad.

RIP Mr. Bradley.

7. I am not sad for Ed Bradley. It seems like he led a very full life. I am sad for those he left behind.

He has been the star and the reason for watching 60 Minutes for many years. He will be missed.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Wow, one of the greats... RIP...

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

RIP to a man I could always watch and learn something from. Every time.

10. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

So who gets Bradley's job? Scoop?

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Save the stupid humor for another thread, eh?

What everyone else has said: A great man, a superb reporter and a credit to both journalism and the human race. RIP.

12. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

Judging by his body of work, they will probably need a couple of people to replace him. Great reporter on one of the greatest news shows ever. Unfortunately, just about all of the greats are gone from 60 minutes now and the new generation isn't just as strong.

Draft saved Draft deleted