1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Eb

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

The last surviving cast member - and they got his character's name wrong in the lead.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That's the worst. At least when I go, it'll be a pretty fuckin' sad copy desk that gets a three-letter last name wrong. Just kidding. I'll get a good sendoff in the Herald and a decent one in the Globe. If they had any respect for readers, the Daily Form would at least go "Michael Gee, incompetent bettor, dead at XX"

4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

All bets are off if you die in a fire.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

My name is not a terribly uncommon name, but there are three common spellings of it. Mine’s the only four-letter version. My mother, the CPA who mails me her bills so I can pay them for her (she doesn’t know how to write a check anymore), misspells my name on the envelopes.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

When I was doing high schools, it seemed every team had three Darrells, Darryls, Daryls, etc. None spelled the same and the coaches never knew how each D/D/D actually spelled it. "Spell your name for me" was a common first question.

I also had a friend in my dorm in college named Darl. Pronounced Darrell.

Good on you for doing that for your mom.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Looked at the thread title and immediately wondered why E flat had died.

garrow, Twirling Time and Vombatus like this.
  8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Ha! Me too!

garrow likes this.
  9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Golllllly!

10. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Tom Lester was a sweet guy who sometimes sat in to read for new playwrights. He was that generous sort of actor who would laugh when other people hit sweet spots in performnce. RIP.

11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

There aren't many survivors left from that whole collection of 60s rural comedies. Jethro is still kicking, that's damn near it.

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Ron Howard, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted