1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Eartha Kitt

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Dec 25, 2008.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Her version of Santa Baby may be the best of the many out there.

http://www.broadway.com/Legendary-Performer-Eartha-Kitt-Dead-at-81/broadway_news/5018441

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Really, truly Catwoman.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

She was terrific in that role. I forgot about it until I did a second read on the obit I posted.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I was just talking about her yesterday when Santa Baby came on the radio and my mom said how she didn't like the song. It's one of my faves.

She was legendary.

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I was just talking about her today while Madonna's version of "Santa Baby" played. We were talking about how exotically sensual she was, and remained right up to the end.

She was one of the true legends. RIP Eartha Mae Kitt.

6. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

did a musical 20 or so years ago in dallas that was the adult, contemporary version of snow white. miss kitt played the evil queen, barbi benton was snow white and one of the dwarfs (none were under 6 feet tall) was 7-foot kevin peter hall, who later played harry in harry and the hendersons and the predator opposite schwarzenegger. miss kitt was very much larger than life.

7. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

A powerful life story, too. "C'est si bon" is hot...and I'm not a sucker for altos.

8. Petrie

Petrie Guest

"Maaaaaarcus, daaaaaarling."

[​IMG]

Maybe it's because I'm practically still a child, but she'll always be Lady Eloise to me. RIP.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That must have been an interesting show to watch. I would have loved to see it just for Kitt and I always tried to see anything with Hall in it (our fathers were friends). Hall died in 1991. He had been infected with HIV during surgery after a bad car accident.

10. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Uneven film.

But a couple of total-urination, double-over-in-laughter moments.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

12. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

she very much acted the part of a diva but in a good way, had a wicked sense of dirty humor during rehearsals and kept me supplied with more cigarettes since i was but a college kid working for scale. kevin peter hall was hilariously funny and as easy-going as they come. his death was very sad.

Draft saved Draft deleted