1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Dr. Z

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by UPChip, Nov 1, 2018.

1. ThomsonONE

ThomsonONE Member

1983 draft - LOVED Tony Eason, thought Dan Marino was a disaster. Not quite the genius some people make him out to be.

2. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

I mean Bill Belichick took Adrian Klemm, J.R. Redmond, Greg Robinson-Randall, Dave Stachelski, Jeff Marriott and Antwan Harris over Tom Brady. Everyone misses some.

3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Yeah, that negates everything else he did in his career. For decades and decades. :cool:

misterbc and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Didn’t Stabler have cocaine planted in a reporter’s car and call the cops as a prank? I have to imagine that might be a reason Dr. Z would stand in Stabler’s way of getting in the HOF.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I was young, but I really did believe Eason would become a star. All of that changed in one quarter of football.

6. ThomsonONE

ThomsonONE Member

Didn't say it negated anything. He was a great writer, but all the accolades for being a football savant are a bit over the top.

Draft saved Draft deleted