1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Dr. George Fishbeck

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mpcincal, Mar 25, 2015.

1. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I post this because I know there are at least a few SoCal natives/longtime residents who are like me, of a certain age, and probably remember the weatherman for KABC Channel 7 in LA.

Longtime Los Angeles Weatherman George Fishbeck Dies: Report | KTLA

When I was younger and first started paying attention to the news, we would always watch Channel 7 because my mom was adamant she had to see Dr. George's weather report.

2. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Love Dr. George. He was part of the last wave of goofy weathermen, which fit in SoCal, where weather rarely changes.

Now all we have doing weather are over-tanned men and big-busted women (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Vombatus likes this.
  3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Their tits block a lot of the weather graphics. I'm not complaining though.

The traffic report women are equally "entertaining".

Here in Baltimore, Sarah Caldwell, OMG.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Dr. George was part of the halcyon/salad days of SoCal local TV. Second big loss from those days this year (the great Stan Chambers recently passed).

I think I read it on LAO that I had forgotten until I read it -- Dr. George once did the weather ... without giving the forecast.

He was fun and everyone knew him and tuned in for his weathercasts. KABC had one of the local TV newscasts back then with the Dr. and Jerry "From the Desert to the Sea to All of Southern California" Dunphy leading the way.

Draft saved Draft deleted