1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Don Imus

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

God, every word of this is spot on. I worked for a guy like that, a true sociopath who was even worse because he had an enabler who turned a blind eye or ignored his horrific behavior or believed "you did something to deserve it". You're right, they will ruin you, make your life completely fucking miserable and do it for laughs, just to show they can.

OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

If you have SiriusXM, Stern opened his show with Imus since it’s their first show since he died. He pulled no punches and had audio clips of what Imus said.

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I don’t have SiriusXM but I’ll have to see if anyone posted it online. I was very curious about how Stern would react.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

He said he had been friends with the guy early on but that ended when he called Robin and the one receptionist the N-word. They then played a clip of Imus calling in to Stern’s show and calling Robin a “spear chucker” on the air.

5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Do you know my ex-wife?

6. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

We're all cousins here.

CD Boogie likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted