1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Don Grady, who you may remember as Robbie Douglas on...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Jun 27, 2012.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Hell. - no mention Don's sister, the late Lani O'Grady from Eight is Enough?
    RIP x 2

Amazing looking at some of the actors who appeared on M3S at some point. Jodie Foster, Tim Matheson, Beau Bridges, George Takei?

2. bpoindexter

bpoindexter Active Member

the Chuck Cunningham treatment. ... That is priceless. And who could the great Bill Frawley?

3. vicd

vicd Active Member

Damn, I was really looking forward to The Greefs getting back together.

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

Great show. Robbie had the triplets with Tina Cole. And when they added the wife and little Dottie at the end, was a great move. RIP

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Did someone say theme song?

http://grooveshark.com/#!/s/My+Three+Sons/39MnRA?src=5

6. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

You aren't the only one hearing it in *your* head, Dyno. It has been in my head this morning, too.

My brother had two boys until 2005 when he had his third son. I jokingly asked my mother, as a bit of a snide comment (because my brother doesn't care for my sense of humor), "What are they going to name this one? Chip, Ernie, or Robbie?" She laughed. I doubt he would have seen the humor.

RIP.

7. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Without looking it up, I know they were played by real-life brothers, both named Livingston. Stanley L. played Ernie, right....? Can't recall the first name of the Livingston brother who played Chip.

8. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Real-life brothers Barry Livingston and Stanley Livingston and the soldier who got slapped in Patton was ... ahhhh! Can't remember his name.

9. TwoGloves

Fred Mertz (William Frawley) and William Demerest.

10. TwoGloves

I remember reading somewhere that Fred McMurray was one of the biggest stars in show business when the show was on the air. That's a little hard to believe but I guess he was big in movies back then, too.

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Still not over that one, Mary Bradford was the big sister I never had.

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Dodie.

Which, sadly, I knew without having to look up

Draft saved Draft deleted