1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Dom DeLuise

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, May 5, 2009.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Wow, there was enough interest in that to put it on DVD? It was an NBC response to All in the Family that lasted just a season, I think. Anyhoo, RIP to a man who usually transcended the material he had to deal with.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Exactly...

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Any statement yet from Burt Reynolds? Those two had to be one of the more unlikely comic pairings of all time.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Funny dude. Thought he was at his best with Mel Brooks.

5. RIP. Dom.
    In his honor, we all will now do The French Mistake.

Voila!

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

What a sad loss. He was one of the funniest men on screen for a long time. I always thought he was funniest as Ceasar.

7. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Dom, Jerry Reed and Suzanne Pleshette... in the movie Hot Stuff... one of my favorites for it's hilarity through bad humor... Dom getting hi on pot was a highlight scene from that flick, eating everything in sight afterward.

RIP to a very funny man

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

RIP to the genius who taught us the joy of shoving a couple Reese's inside a donut and microwaving it. (See FATSO for further instructions.)

9. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

10. Grimace

Grimace Guest

Holy crap I just had a flashback to early 1980-something. That was one of those movies that was seemingly shown on a loop on Showtime. I must've seen it 20 times, but not for 25 years or so. Funniest movie ever -- when I was 10.

11. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Hopefully, if you saw it again today, you'd still laugh. I know I would... and I've seen it a bunch of times.

12. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I saw that movie plenty of times, and would enjoy it just as much if I saw it today. Wow, hard to believe Reed, Pleshette and DeLuise have now all passed.

Another role most people don't remember was a movie he did with Reynolds called "The End." It was dark comedy in which Reynolds finds out he has a fatal disease and would rather kill himself. DeLuise played a mental patient that Reynolds' character hires to kill him. It's one of his better performances.

RIP to one of my family's favorites.

Draft saved Draft deleted