1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Dom DeLuise

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, May 5, 2009.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Anyone see anything on this?
    Two Facebook "friends" have put something in their status about it but I haven't seen it elsewhere yet.

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/entertainment&id=6796745

can't believe nobody's posted this yet

3. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Re: RIP Dom DeLuise?

Wiki has him dead. TMZ says he died last night at a hospital due to kidney disease.

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Frankly, with his size and eating habits, I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did.

Having said that, he was definitely part of my memories growing up. The world is a little emptier place without him in it.

RIP.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Seems confirmed.

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/news/celebrity/ny-domdeluisedead0506,0,4313153.story

He ate himself to death while locked in his car.

(Edited for more relevant comedic effect)

6. Re: RIP Dom DeLuise?

[​IMG]

RIP Captain Chaos.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Godspeed, (da-da-DAAAAAAA!) Captain Chaos.
    Have no fear, him is here.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

RIP
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

RIP Caesar -

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

Dom DeLuise's wife, Carol, grew up two houses down from me in North Jersey. I did not know her well but his mother-in-law and my mother were good friends and as a teenager I used to mow his mother-in-law's lawn.
    Every now and then on a summer Sunday in the late 60s, Dom and Carol and kids would come for an afternoon barbeque and we were sometimes invited. He would pretty much keep us laughing the entire afternoon.
    A brilliantly funny and warm and genuine man.

RIP, Dom.

11. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Beat me to it, EStreetJoe. For that, you get a "WASH THIS!" followed by a "What's next, Faggot?"

KNX Newsradio here in LA had his son Peter on this morning. Apparently, Dom knew he was going and summoned his entire family. Peter had to come down from Vancouver, where he lives now. Somehow, Dom hung on until everyone was there, with Peter the last to arrive. Then, he died.

RIP to one of the true comedic legends, a man who didn't need a script -- as Mel Brooks discovered. Just put him in character, turn him loose and watch hilarity ensue.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Even in some of the "shit" he did -- Cannonball Run jumps immediately to mind -- he was funniest in them.

RIP.

Draft saved Draft deleted