1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP DJ AM

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Aug 28, 2009.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

No shit.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

My thoughts exactly. Drug-related music deaths always make me really sad no matter who the person was.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

I don't know why I gapped on this, but he also briefly dated local supermodel Jessica Stam, who has the distinction of being the only supermodel ever to hail from Midwestern Ontario. (I know, I know - shocking!!)

4. srnitz86

srnitz86 Guest

He was on an episode of Entourage. He gets the last pair of the limited edition shoes that Turtle wants.

5. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

we inquired on hiring him to dj our wedding, just for kicks to see how much he was. pretty expensive. he was a co-owner of vegas club, LAX.

in a related note: it's sad, and strange, that the dumber media among us immediately go to twitter to try and find "last words" before a tragedy or a major event and tie it in together. AM's last post sounded ominous to the People/US Magazine/Big Lead type of crowd, but really was just a lyric from the Dogg Pound:

"New york, new york. Big city of dreams, but everything in new york aint always what it seems."

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

One of the obits I saw referred to him as "disc jockey DJ AM" (I guess to avoid using DJ twice), like he was Casey Kasem or something ...

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Or from Grandmaster Flash.

8. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Fuck you, Final Destination.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

You come out of an uptempo record, and I have to do a story about a goddamned crackhead dying!!

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

He was the house DJ at Pure Night Club at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas. I saw him spin in March he was pretty good.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

He was widely considered to be the best there is at that line of work.

Given everything he's been through with the plane crash and whatnot, I would not be the slightest bit surprised if this was a drug overdose or a suicide.

There was a really good Rolling Stone article on Travis Barker recently, who talked about the survivor's guilt he had for surviving that plane crash, while a few of his friends died.

Really sad stuff...

RIP.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

This is fucking brilliant.

Draft saved Draft deleted