1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP director Tony Scott

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ifilus, Aug 20, 2012.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Crimson Tide, Top Gun and True Romance are three of my favorite movies. I really liked Scott as a director, though I understand the people who didn't care for his moving camera style. I'll definitely miss seeing his movies on the big screen.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

True Romance is an all-timer for me. As someone already mentioned, the Gary Oldman "He must've thought it was White Boy Day." and the Walken and Hopper scene are two of my favorite scenes of all-time.

I'm waiting to find out he was dying of cancer or something...

Very sad... RIP...

3. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

Ugh, terrible news. I was just thinking the other day that I need to watch one of my favorite movies again--Enemy of the State.

4. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

5. turski7

turski7 Member

LA Times reported he left a suicide note. Cops interviewed a couple witnesses who saw him jump. Too sad.

6. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Wow, how sad. RIP.

7. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

"You ain't firing me. I quit."

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It doesn't make his death any less sad, but it does make the way he did it a little more understandable...

Very sad...

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Not to make too much of a joke here, but jumping off a bridge because you have inoperable brain cancer does kind of seem like a badass action movie thing to do.

Crimson Tide, btw, one the all-time underrated movies.

11. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

ABC News' Brian Ross is reporting Tony Scott's brain tumor was a member of the Tea Party.

Draft saved Draft deleted