1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP, Denny Doherty

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smasher_Sloan, Jan 19, 2007.

1. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

How ironic - tonight I watched the Monterrey Pop outtakes DVD which had several of their songs that didn't make the movie.
    I spent much of it laughing my ass off at the fact that the camera that was on Cass for most of the set had two very visible hairs in the lens, making it pretty obvious why that otherwise terrific footage didn't make the cut. Was Clarence Thomas shooting that night?
    The SE at my old shop had a kid that was into Theodore, and would occasionally be heard singing "Theeeeeee-o-dore - he's a tugboat and a helpful tugboat too." I had no idea.

2. joe king

joe king Active Member

Zallie said, "Denny, you know there aren't many
    who can sing a song the way that you do" ...

RIP Denny, one of the greats.

3. casty33

casty33 Active Member

Certainly an interesting group. Cass Elliott and Denny Dohery had outstanding voices and John Phillips was a top-rated writer. Meanwhile, Michele looked good. California Dreaming and Monday Monday (which John said he didn't know what it meant when he wrote it) will remain with us forever, and Words of Love, Cass' solo, is wonderful. I play their CDs regularly. So I add my RIP to Denny.

Draft saved Draft deleted