1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Dennis Hopper

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KJIM, May 29, 2010.

1. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Banner on MSNBC at the moment from Reuters says Dennis Hopper died.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/37414779/ns/today-entertainment/

Around Speed time, I remember talking to a much younger kid about him one day. The kid's reference: "You mean that guy from the Nike commercials?"

RIP to an Easy Rider.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Re: RIP Dennis Hopper, MSNBC says

He's been sick for awhile. I remember it was reported within the last month or two that he was trying to make sure his current wife didn't get all of his money because he wanted to make sure his kids were all taken care of.

My favorite scene of all time, in any movie, is Hopper and Walken in True Romance. I have that scene downloaded in my iPod and I probably watch it once a week.

RIP to a true great.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

RIP to the man who played Frank Booth, one of the greatest/creepiest characters in film history.

[​IMG]

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Cliff: Now, wait a minute and listen. I haven't seen Clarence in three years. Yesterday he shows up here with a girl, sayin' he got married. He told me he needed some quick cash for a honeymoon, so he asked if he could borrow five hundred dollars. I wanted to help him out so I wrote out a check. We went to breakfast and that's the last I saw of him. So help me God. They never thought to tell me where they were goin'. And I never thought to ask.

Coccotti: Sicilians are great liars. The best in the world. I'm a Sicilian. And my old man was the world heavyweight champion of Sicilian liars. And from growin' up with him I learned the pantomime. Now there are seventeen different things a guy can do when he lies to give him away. A guy has seventeen pantomimes. A woman's got twenty, but a guy's got seventeen. And if you know 'em like ya know your own face, they beat lie detectors to hell. What we got here is a little game of show and tell. You don't wanna show me nothin'. But you're tellin' me everything. Now I know you know where they are. So tell me, before I do some damage you won't walk away from.

Cliff: Could I have one of those Chesterfields now?

Coccotti: Sure.

Cliff: Got a match? Oh, don't bother. I got one. So you're a Sicilian, huh?

Coccotti: Uh-huh.

Cliff: You know I read a lot. Especially things that have to do with history. I find that shit fascinating. In fact, I don't know if you know this or not, Sicilians were spawned by niggers.

Coccotti: Come again?

Cliff: It's a fact. Sicilians have nigger blood pumpin' through their hearts. If you don't believe me, look it up. You see, hundreds and hundreds of years ago the Moors conquered Sicily. And Moors are niggers. Way back then, Sicilians were like the wops in northern Italy. Blond hair, blue eyes. But, once the Moors moved in there, they changed the whole country. They did so much fuckin' with the Sicilian women, they changed the blood-line for ever, from blond hair and blue eyes to black hair and dark skin. I find it absolutely amazing to think that to this day, hundreds of years later, Sicilians still carry that nigger gene. I'm just quotin' history. It's a fact. It's written. Your ancestors were niggers. Your great, great, great, great, great-grandmother was fucked by a nigger, and had a half-nigger kid. That is a fact. Now tell me, am I lyin'?

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

"Because he dies, when it dies, man, when it dies, he dies. What are they going to say about him? What, are they going to say, he was a kind man, he was a wise man, he had plans, he had wisdom? Bullshit, man! Am I going to be the one, that's going to set them straight?"

http://www.lukefisher.com/you.wav

RIP to one hell of an actor. Memorable in Blue Velvet, Easy Rider, Apocalypse Now, Hoosiers, those NFL commercials where he said "Marbles is a game" . . . .

6. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

RIP Billy

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

May Jimmy Chitwood hit another game-winner in your honor, Shooter.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

"Alright, boys, this is the last shot we got! We're gonna run the picket fence at 'em! Jimmy, you're solo right! Everett, Merle should be open on the other side of that fence! Now, boys, don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!"

9. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

"Sectionals of 16! Clete, did you tell him? 5... 4... 3.. 2... 1... let 'er fly... In 'n out. Yeah, well, I was fouled..."

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

"I know everything there is about the greatest game ever invented."

RIP

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

Question Hot Shot, where is this from?
    RIP to a film legend.

12. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

"Any way, I tell you one thing! No! School the small! Has ever been in the state CHAMPIONSHIP!"

RIP Shooter.

Draft saved Draft deleted