1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP DC Madam

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Hustle, May 1, 2008.

1. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

Probably not. This guarantees another day or so of stories with his name being mentioned right up high....and that conspiracy theorists will spend years speculating that she was knocked off because of him.

2. markvid

markvid Guest

Maybe hookers don't get what hung means.

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Nah, it isn't that Vitter and a few other guys are happy...

Spitzer's pissed that he didn't go to the DC Madam for services.

When she said that she was not going to jail, she meant it.

Britton was embarassed after it came out that she was being a prostitute on the side to supplement her salary, on top of some personal problems. I can understand why she took herself out of the game of life.

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Britton had some mental issues in general. She wasn't that highly regarded at work and was on rocky ground there.

Palfrey said she wouldn't go to federal prison without calling whoever she had to in order to defend herself. I still think she got a raw deal out of this. Too many others skated.

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Does anyone really think she was whacked? Or is that the inner Oliver Stone in me coming out?

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

We talked about it at work today. Heck, one of the guys I talked about it with was the guy who cut the wires to the recorders in the Nixon White House. We figured it was much more exciting that way. I'm completely convinced this was a suicide now though, since she had pretty much said this is what would happen to her friends and left some notes.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

True, but she did make a quote when one of her employees dud herself in, something along the lines of, "I'm made of something she wasn't."

I don't necessarily think this was a hit, but the timing is suspicious.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

9. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I would never wish anyone's life gets to the point where this is your course of action.

10. markvid

markvid Guest

SIP?

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

swing in peace.

12. markvid

markvid Guest

ok, that was good.

Draft saved Draft deleted