1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Dave Poniers, former SE at Flint Journal

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by TwoGloves, Aug 24, 2012.

1. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Great guy who died far too young. Fairly well known in Michigan. Traveled with the Lions for a while writing columns back in the early '90s.

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2012/08/former_flint_journal_sports_ed_1.html

2. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

RIP to a former fellow Boothie.

3. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

I think I still have a few bumper stickers from the "Out-Pick Poniers" contest they ran back in the day.
    Great Writer.

4. Joe Lapointe

Joe Lapointe Member

So sad to hear of Dave's death. A nice man, confident and talented but humble about it. Thinking of him brings back good memories of press boxes in Ann Arbor and East Lansing, hot chocolate and apples, and all that friendly schmoozing before kickoff. Good-bye, Dave.

5. Knighthawk

Knighthawk Member

Great guy. Almost hired me once - would have been a pleasure to work with him.

6. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Man, this is the third Booth death I've heard of in recent months. It makes me very sad.

RIP.

Draft saved Draft deleted