1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Darryl Stingley

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by girl friday, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

My negative perception of Tatum is based solely on the lack of an apology to Stingley personally.
    I don't expect the guy to be sorry that he delivered a legal hit as hard as he could. That was his job.
    I do expect him to be sorry that his opponent was crippled.
    Tatum has expressed his sorrow over the result of the play many times and publicly, but never expressed that in person to Stingley.
    Tatum claims that he tried to speak to Stingley but was blocked by Stingley's people.
    Stingley claimed he wasn't interested because Tatum always seemed to want to use the apology for publicity and personal gain, that Tatum never wanted to just keep it private.
    I don't know either man. I've always believed Stingley. Could just be bias because Stingley is the more easily sympathetic figure, but that's the way I've always viewed it.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

I think that says it all.

RIP, Darryl. :'(

Draft saved Draft deleted