1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Danny Federici

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by lono, Apr 17, 2008.

1. And firing Vinnie Lopez as the drummer is a key move in the history of the band.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Vini is still trolling around Greasy Lake, trying to drum up business for his Bruce knockoff band.

The Dave Marsh Sirius tribute -- http://ginagiambone.com/page503.html

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Ernest 'Boom' Carter, of course, drummed on "Born to Run."

Max has never really been able to get that compressed booming effect on the kickoff roll of the song. With him, it's more "rat-a-tat-a-tat-a-tat."

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Not so much a knockoff band as it is a cover band.
    Vinnie's band is Steel Mill Retro and they play alot of songs by Steel Mill. Steel Mill was a great band Springsteen was in (with Lopez, Van Zandt and two other guys) in 1969-70. So Vinnie got Bruce's blessing to revive those songs in his band.

5. Webster

No real difference, ESJ. It's the B Street Band, but with older songs.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

The "B" Street Band?

7. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

One of many Springsteen cover/tribute bands. They used to be called 'Backstreets' in the 1980s.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Yup... going to see them in a couple weeks, just for kicks. used to see them down the Shore as "Backstreets" all the time.

9. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Don't know if I have so wholly agreed with each syllable of one of your posts.

10. I was really shocked when I listened to them.
    The only thing I can compare them to is the horrible job Shel Talmy did with the early Who singles. I mean, "Wild, Innocent" sounds like it was recorded from across the street. Makes the songs that much more impressive, though.

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Yeah, maybe, but the rest of his drumming on that song is a mess. Mighty Max lays down one hell of a back beat.

12. Webster

Trying to think what he'll do first song back tonight. I'll go with "Further on up the Road" or maybe "This Hard Land"

Draft saved Draft deleted