1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Craig Sager

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Dec 15, 2016.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I'm kind of amazed the guy was still trying to do the story without the family. You're going to do the "Craig Sager was kind of a dick to his family" story but without the family?

Not really a story that needs to be told. If the family's not down with it, know that you're dead in the water.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Saw my uncle do it to my cousins. Broke my heart, so sad.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Gonna be honest - I've last track here.
    What is going on? Who is she mad at, and why?

4. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Professionally, where should a paper draw the line? I understand Craig Sager died four years ago and his life story has no apparent news value.

But Pat Bowlen died less than two years years ago. I have have never seen a comprehensive attempt to describe the life of Bowlen and how it has lead to the current ownership battle of the Broncos. I also have no idea how the memory of Bowlen would fare in such a piece but it could potentially open wounds. But would that story be acceptable to pursue?

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

You respect people's boundaries. She tweeted "you’re now messaging my brother’s ex after he & I made it clear this wasn’t something we wanted."

If they wanted to talk, they would. They don't. So drop it and respect their wishes. It's not that difficult.

There has been a lot written about the Bowlen ownership situation, mainly because it's a civil war inside the family trying to gain control of the multi-billion-dollar organization. Before she left The Athletic, Nicki Jhabvala wrote a lot about what has been going on in the battle.

Draft saved Draft deleted