1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Craig Sager

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I think Britt McHenry and Kacy Sager need to settle this litte spat once and for all in a baby oil-wrestling contest.
    And then, as punishment, the loser has to hose the other one down.

2. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Just need to correct the record. The kids who got all the stuff in the will are not Craig Sager's stepchildren-- they're his biological kids. Therefore they and the older Sager kids are *half* brothers & sisters.

I think Stacy probably had the work done years after she married Craig.

Carry on.

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Deadspin has picked this up, and while their comments are usually awful, this one is pretty fucking funny.

"This is all in accordance with Sager’s dying wish for one last tacky suit."

Iron_chet, Lugnuts, Vombatus and 3 others like this.
  4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

If you don’t know his signature by now . . .

poindexter and jr/shotglass like this.
  6. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

7. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

YOU GOT YOU GOT YOU GOT WHAT I NEED

Chef2 likes this.
  8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

This won't end well.

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

First The Process. Now this.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

JFC

If someone came at me with that shit regarding my sister and her family's deaths -- granted, not on the scale of Craig Sager, but still .... I know where she's coming from.

Noted: I worked with a reporter here after the final crash report came out and he was beyond professional and let me/us provide a statement before publishing. And I've had to work a couple of angles to keep people away from my siblings/parents/in-laws and have them go through me. Being on the other side of things has been quite enlightening.

playthrough and Neutral Corner like this.
  11. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

This is how I assume every source I’ve ever tried to cold call will react before I actually call them.

It always ends up going way better than this but yikes, this scenario gives me nightmares.

Not saying the reporter did everything right here at all, just taps a particular corner of my anxiety.

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I get it. You're trying to get a story. But for mother F'ing F's F's, what are they trying to accomplish with a story here. Again, I've been on the other side. It's not pretty. Even more than three years out, it's still raw.

LEAVE

PEOPLE

ALONE

Pilot likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted