1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Cory Wells

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by steveu, Oct 21, 2015.

1. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Name may not ring a bell immediately, but throw in Danny Hutton and Chuck Negron and you've got the original Three Dog Night.

Damn. One of my favorite groups of all time. :(

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Buffalo boy. Knew that. Did not know he was living in Dunkirk. I saw them on the county fair circuit several years ago. It was a quality show. They couldn't hit all the notes and obviously didn't sound as good as in the past, but it was a fun show. They were back in my area just this past summer.

"Joy to the World" was the perfect opening song for 'The Big Chill."

Buffalo New obit:

Cory Wells, Buffalo-born co-founder of ’70s rock band Three Dog Night, dies - Gusto

3. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Their greatest hits album is well worth the purchase: one recognizable, catchy song after another.

RIP. Hope he's on the road to Shambala.

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

It's fairly amazing that Negron has outlived Wells. How many times did Negron overdose?

5. HC

HC Well-Known Member

"Shambala" is one of those songs that just takes me to my happy place. RIP, sir.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I've always found this to be one of my favorite videos on YT...the way it turns craptastic at the end as Danny's meds kick in is hillarious.

7. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

RIP Cory, thanks for the music. Three Dog is one of my favorite groups. Shambala is a classic. Also read on NYT that he was the lead singer on Never Been to Spain.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Is Three Dog Night in the HoF yet?

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

They'd actually be a good pick whenever the selection committee (whoever they are) decide to kick the door open for the early-70s AM popsters.

Chicago is probably the flag-bearer for this group, which also includes Grand Funk and 3DN.

10. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

They didn't make a bad song at all. Yeah, some were better than others, but just everything they touched was wonderful. Love Family of Man and Out in the Country, Black and White, Shambala, Show Must Go On...

The thing about Three Dog Night was when they weren't touring they were recording. You have to wait what, maybe two or three years for an artist to release an album/CD these days? Three Dog Night had what, three albums a year?

Draft saved Draft deleted