1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Cops

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jun 9, 2020.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Probably did more to promote the masturbation over these guys than anything.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  3. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Would like to know what Inner Circle got for the theme song. Wonder if they took a lump sum or got a pay off every time it was played.

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Had no idea it was still on. Show's finest moment:

5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Did they ever arrest any male wearing a shirt and who wasn't way too fat or way too skinny?

Dog8Cats likes this.
  6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Maybe they could just reboot it as, "The World's Most Physically Fit Cameramen."

Vombatus and OscarMadison like this.
  7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Producers said they knew something was wrong when several camera crews were detained after arriving to film a ride along. They received apologies from the departments who said they thought the crews were journalists self surrendering. Producers said after seventeen times, they ran out of camera crews.

MTM, wicked and BitterYoungMatador2 like this.
  8. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Best parody of Cops ever: My Name Is Earl "Our 'Cops' Is On" Season 2 Ep 17.

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I think the future of 'Live PD' is going to be fascinating.

I used to watch it all the time. Eventually it really began to stick out to me just how much of the show is dedicated to white cops fucking with black people. There's one cop they follow in North Carolina whose whole shtick is how he can allegedly smell baggies of marijuana in a parked car from a block away. They act like it's some amazing talent when he's clearly just rolling up on black people for bullshit reasons.

It gets great numbers for cable. I'm not at all sure that will continue if and when they return.

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

very fine people very fine people whatchu gonna do whatchu gonna do when they cancel you

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Would love to see the ratings by market. I suspect there's an audience for it nearly everywhere.
    These past few weeks have conclusively shown that bad cops can be virtually anywhere. Those in New Jersey re-enacting their blue brothers' murder of a Minnesota man have company in the Alabama cop punching the clerk who had called them requesting assistance. And those in New York who pushed a 75-year-old to the ground, drawing blood and the support of the conspirator in chief in Washington.

Draft saved Draft deleted