1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Comp USA

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Dec 7, 2007.

1. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Not to mention those papers that still have CompUSA as an advertiser. Fresh round of cutbacks coming, anyone?

Never shopped there much. Wasn't bad the times I was there, but the store was in a low-traffic location.

2. They mainly do inserts, don't they? From what I'm told, inserts are good but nothing compared to a full-page ad.

3. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Yeah, I probably exaggerated. Never know with some papers these days, though. :)

Regardless, the timing definitely sucks for the remaining employees. Merry Christmas. Ho ho ho.

4. I don't know: GalleryFurniture.com seems to be rockin' and rollin'.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The only reason I look at Fry's is they usually have Apple stuff in the store that you have to back-order for weeks anywhere else.

6. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

CompUSA ceased being relevant when they stopped accepting returns on hardware. They started adding in restocking fees. That is when I stopped shopping there.

Throw in that their businesses charged way too much for just about everything.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Mattress Mac likes those sporting associations . . . and is willing to pay for them. So long as he can afford it, he'll do it.

8. Brought my first laptop from CompUSA. It was a Compaq Presario. Worked really well for only a couple of years.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

So how does this impact any Christmas gifts? I bought something there the day after Thanksgiving (no signs up of its impending doom)...what happens if it doesn't work? I'm just fucked?

10. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

You always have the manufacturer's warranty.

Draft saved Draft deleted