1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP, Clarence Clemons

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by tripleoption34, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

That was beautiful.

2. shockey

shockey Active Member

that was the shit. THE SHIT. a perfect eulogy worthy of the big man from the scooter, best source... 8) :'( 8)

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I like how with both this speech and the eulogy for the Phantom, he didn't duck their warts.

A wonderful eulogy which really said everything.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Bumping to commemorate the one year anniversary of the Big Man's passing.

5. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Can't believe it's already been a year. Think I'll go listen to the Jungleland solo and have a quiet moment.

6. Indeed, hard to believe it's been that long already.

I saw their tour-opening show in Atlanta - and while things were a little rusty and scripted - Jake was a superb choice to lead the horn section after his uncle's passing.

I keep up with the set lists pretty actively, and I noticed they've touched just about all of Clarence's best moments (not that that's hard to do with what he was capable of) but they haven't played Jungleland on the tour yet. Someone - I believe on this board - mentioned they thought it would be the last song of the last tour date as a way of bringing some closure on one chapter and the beginning of another, an idea that was so perfectly poetic with that song and the connection between Clarence and Jake that it stuck with me.

On a side note, I take the opportunity to brag about this at every chance: Bruce once asked for my Jungleland sign at his 2009 show in Atlanta, told a story about getting the band back together a decade earlier and then played it. By far one of the coolest thing I'll ever experience and one of my favorite memories.

Draft saved Draft deleted