1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP, Clarence Clemons

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by tripleoption34, Jun 18, 2011.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

forever a 'friend of mine...'

:'( :'( :'(

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Starting earlier tonight (7:30) VH1 Classic began doing 24-hours of Springsteen in memory of Clarence.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Like others, I had no idea he was 69 years old. Didn't look that old, and his musical playing abilities sure didn't sound that old.

RIP to a musical genius.

4. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Thanks. Will try to catch some of that tonight and tomorrow.

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

He was the E-Street Band! His horn took Bruce over the top IMO!

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

concert version of 'if i should fall behind' on now. touching with members of banc singing lines in turn at end, with clarence last -- after a brief sax solo. 'there's a beautiful river in the valley ahead...'

oh, guess they played the entire show -- the 'live at msg, 2000' dvd. hopefully barcelona (post-9/11 'rising tour') next? it'd be super to get it dvr'd.

BINGO!!! terrible way to get this in my dvr catalogue, though.

7. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Many of Clarence's musical high points have been mentioned here and I will add a few others that drifted over the iPod in the last day or two:

"Sherry Darling" and "Paradise By the 'C'' and I don't know how anyone who ever heard it could forget how Clarence's sax powered the E Streeters' epic cover of Gary U.S. Bonds's "Quarter To three".

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Just listened to The Punk Meets the Godfather (the Bottom Line show on WNEW-FM) with Bruce doing the E Street Shuffle story. Awesome.

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

A nice piece from David Remnick in the New Yorker. http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/newsdesk/2011/06/bloodbrother-clarence-clemons-1942-2011.html

Backstreets has some fantastic stuff on the front page in terms of tributes.

12. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Bruce's eulogy for CC can be read on the official site:
    http://www.brucespringsteen.net/news/index.html

Draft saved Draft deleted