1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Chyna

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Apr 21, 2016.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

There's a little boogie man inside everyone's closet, BDC99. You just gotta let him out!

2. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

You're a joke. I just don't like such broad brush statements. What you choose for entertainment doesn't define you. Are there some shitheads who watch/go to wrestling shows? Of course. Been to an NFL game lately?

3. CD Boogie

Yes, I go to at least one every year. You're right, most of the people in attendance are drunken cretins. But I know plenty of NFL fans who are not. I know very few wrestling fans who aren't a bit off. They are the joke.

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I know plenty of wrestling fans who aren't developmentally arrested. Funny how that works.

5. CD Boogie

Not funny actually, just predictable that you'd think so.

6. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Go away now. I'm done with this shit.

7. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Kevin Von Erich sold the rights to his family's World Class Championship Wrestling archive to the WWE, and he and his family moved from Dallas to Hawaii. He posts a lot on Twitter about his life there, and he seems to be doing well, especially considering all the crap that his family went through. He's the only surviving son out of six boys, including one who died when he was a toddler.

8. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

And if y'all wanna snipe at each other, send a private message. This is the kind of crap that got another thread that several folks were interested in shut down.

Bradley Guire likes this.
  9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Trish Stratus owns her own yoga studio. Lita does a bunch of animal rescue things. The Steiners just opened a restaurant, and Rick Steiner also owns a real estate business. Jimmy Garvin was an airline pilot for a lot of years. Nikolai Volkoff became a code endorsement officer.

Molly Holly and Tito Santana are teachers now. No word on whether or not they're tenured, though.

It really depends on the wrestlers. Some of them end up successful. Others slide into mediocrity and others end up living shitty lives. It's really like how other athletes deal with the end of their careers, and how they have to deal with life after the cheering stops.

As for Chyna, yeah, RIP. She had a pretty shitty life before and after wrestling. Very sad, actually.

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

We live in a country whose entertainment is dominated by "reality" teevee, melodramatic tweener sagas and comic-book movies. Seems odd and selective to pile on pro wrestling.

11. CD Boogie

I'll pile on those pastimes, too. The pop culture hubs that bring people together in commonality are overwhelmingly for shit. For every "Breaking Bad" or "The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt," there's a hundred Bachelorettes and cooking shows. As someone who disconnected their cable, I really have to want to watch something to be taken away from my reading. Too much television is geared toward getting people's blood pressure up.

12. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

"The Surreal Life," though, was some high-brow stuff. Much like "Downton Abbey."

studthug12 and SpeedTchr like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted