1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Chyna

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

The obsession some adults have with wrestling seems a bit silly (and it's fertile ground for mocking), but if you grew up with it (as I did before cable TV came along), it's never truly off your radar. I don't watch the stuff anymore, but I continue to be fascinated by the lives of these people away from the ring.

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm judgmental, and so are most people. "So what?" Gee, I don't know, how does the free market system usually account for people's aversion to things?

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Wrestling is just live theater for people who wouldn't be caught dead going to see "Hamilton."

I remember going to see a Sunday night wrestling car at the Eddie Grahama sports complex in Orlando in the 1980s with my girlfriend's dad. That was a blast.

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Yep. You're free to be a jackass. Certainly not the first time. I am also free to call you out on it. Haven't watched for years, but I get the appeal and think its just harmless entertainment

5. CD Boogie

I'd say by your first knee-jerk reaction that you actually watch it still and were offended because I think you have arrested development. Hence, calling me a jackass for not sharing your questionable taste.

6. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I watched for many years, yes, and have been to a couple of shows. I appreciate it for what it is but I haven't watched in several years. But it's comforting to know you're here to be the arbiter of what is worth our time.

7. CD Boogie

Obviously as an adult with arrested development, it's perfectly worth your time. Just own watching it, don't get pissy and try to defend something at arm's length.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I agree with pretty much every word, though my hometown friends remain big fans.

That said, it's hilarious that you close this particular post with, "I watched the Surreal Life[.]"

Pot,meet kettle.

Fly likes this.
  9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Daaamn. You got me. What a douchebag you are. I could not give a shit less if you judge me for watching, or not watching.

10. CD Boogie

Yeah, not even in the same neighborhood, but nice try.

11. CD Boogie

Oh, but you do. Carry on.

12. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

False. But I guess we all need to get on board with Boogies world.

Draft saved Draft deleted