1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Chyna

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Apr 21, 2016.

1. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Mick Foley seems to be one of the more intelligent to ever perform in the ring. Which makes some of the crazy shit he's done in the ring even tougher to fathom.

2. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Does he bring Socko along, just in case?

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Foley's first couple books were well-written and very entertaining. The guys at the top of the profession usually turn out fine. The rest of the performers, especially the women, are prone to shitty lives/early deaths.

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Also caught a few episodes of the Surreal life and she was a wreck. As was Sean Waltman (Xpac), her boyfriend at the time. He was arrested on some drug charge a while back and I found out he lived less than a half mile from me. Sad.

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

George "The Animal" Steele is one who immediately comes to mind as particularly well-adjusted. He had a great career as a high-school teacher and football coach. He even beat Crohn's Disease, and he's still alive and has to be in his 80s or pretty close to it at this point.

As for Chyna, RIP. As I said on the other thread, sadly, you could see this coming a mile away. Addiction sucks.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  6. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Jericho is pretty busy with his in-ring career, band, podcast and books.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Always amused me that the guy scripted back then to be the most crazy (eating turnbuckles, green tongue) was anything but.

9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Also a very smart guy. His band sucks but he definitely stays busy.

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I was going to say CM Punk, but his body appears to be falling apart with his MMA training.

Shawn Michaels walked away with gas left in the tank, and he found religion after living a long life as an unrepentant asshole, so maybe he'll be OK.

11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Wrestling has never made sense to be as entertainment for anyone over the age of 12. It's textbook arrested development in my mind, and I'm not shy in saying I judge adults pretty harshly who follow it or attend it. Went to a WWE event with my girlfriend's 11 year old nephews last year and the adults in attendance -- many of whom were not chaperoning kids -- just reinforced my impression. Moreover, I'd say most of the people who become wrestlers are more than a bit off. I can admire the athleticism, but the soap opera crap and the inane, over-the-top antics are beyond the pale of entertainment for me. I watched the Surreal Life with Chyna and she was a hot mess. Just a sad soul.

old_tony likes this.
  12. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Judgmental much? You don't like it, so what?

Draft saved Draft deleted