1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Chris Doleman

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Jan 29, 2020.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I've had friends and family members have to deal with this - and it's a brutal way to die. I know he made the rounds on radio row last year and talked about his prognosis.

Hall of Famer Chris Doleman dies at the age of 58

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Helluva player. RIP.

3. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Doleman was in his prime when I really started to understand football in the late 1980s. He was a fun player to watch. Played on some very good teams.

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Wow, a terrible loss and a fantastic player for many years.

5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

That late 80s defense was terrific with him, Millard, Joey Browner, Scott Studwell, Carl Lee, Mike Merriweather.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  6. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

That is so sad. He was a great player.

7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

8. mateen

mateen Well-Known Member

1988 Vikings defense held the (admittedly awful) Lions to 149 yards of offense, total, in two games, and had a four-game stretch in November/December where they gave up a total of 9 points. Then they had to go play at San Francisco in the playoffs (they actually had a better regular season record than the 49ers that year - 11-5 to 10-6 - but were a wild card team).

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

10. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

I can’t remember if it was 1988 or 1989, but they set a new record for sacks. I thought that was huge until I learned sacks only had been an official sack since 1982z

11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

The 1988 Vikings forced 53 turnovers and had a plus-23 differential. That is crazy good.

CD Boogie likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted