1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Chris Cornell

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by melock, May 18, 2017.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

My sympathies.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Now you are just fucking with us.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

He'll have to go.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

The Killers are still trying to make a song as good as "Space Age Love Song." They've come close.

6. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Jim Reeves on his worst day was 100 times the singer this dude was.

Then again, like who you like, I'm not gonna stop you.

JC likes this.
  7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Leadon was disillusioned with the direction the band's music was taking and his loss of creative control as their sound was moving from his preferred country to rock and roll.[34] His dissatisfaction, principally with Frey, boiled over one night when Frey was talking animatedly about the direction they should take next, and Leadon poured a beer over Frey's head, and said: "You need to chill out, man!"[35][36] On December 20, 1975, after months of denials, it was announced that Leadon had left the band.

8. Songbird

On July 31, 1980, in Long Beach, California, tempers boiled over into what has been described as the "Long Night at Wrong Beach."[49][50] The animosity between Felder and Frey boiled over before the show began, when Felder said, "You're welcome – I guess" to California Senator Alan Cranston's wife as the politician was thanking the band backstage for performing a benefit for his reelection.[51] Frey and Felder spent the entire show telling each other about the beating each planned to administer backstage. "Only three more songs until I kick your ass, pal," Frey recalled Felder telling him near the end of the band's set.[52] Felder recalls Frey telling him during "Best of My Love," "I'm gonna kick your ass when we get off the stage."[49][53]

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The Eagles begat Dave Matthews?

I'm not sure I see the connection.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Not directly. Just that there's often rootsy laundry-folding music on the pop charts.

11. Songbird

3 years ago today.

Jerry-atric likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted