1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Chris Cornell

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by melock, May 18, 2017.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

No different from the first two decades of their career.

2. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

Just wanted to share something: A lot of the music from the 1990s sucked.

I know the people who believe all of it was supergreat will be shocked. But that was a myth.

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Sesame Street with the Cowherd move, a.k.a. arguing against some idiotic stance nobody is actually arguing for.

Donny in his element likes this.
  4. cisforkoke

Interesting. However, I based that comment more on past discussions (probably wouldn't be hard to find samples) than on this discussion.

Carry on with a non-defense, as warranted.

5. cisforkoke

Interesting that you bring that up.

I was looking at an old thread.

Best album of the '90s - Champion crowned on page 21

Whoever came up with those seeds should not be allowed to own music. Ever. The guvmint should raid and destroy all CDs and playing devices. The car stereo should be removed and the slot should be filled with concrete.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Definitely Maybe an 8-seed? lol

Morning Glory a 3-seed? lol

Both are top seeds.

7. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

I just remembered that the first time I nailed this girl I'd been chasing for my freshman and sophomore years, it was after a concert at a Molson Park in Barrie, ON, where Nine Inch Nails opened for Soundgarden.

So, RIP Chris Cornell.

Big Circus and DanielSimpsonDay like this.
  8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Can't get away from Bush now. Just saw on FB ...

2017-05-20 20.19.34.png

9. cisforkoke

Speaking of 1990s music, I flipped over to Sirius XM 90s on 9. Hanson is DJing, and they just said they are celebrating their 25th anniversary as a band.

25 years.

10. cisforkoke

There were many LOLs in there, but the biggest ones I saw were Pearl Jam having a 13-seed album that made the Final Four (also leading me to believe that many people who voted were lemmings) and Tuesday Night Music Club being a 16 seed. I can take or leave most Sheryl Crow, but that album was something new in a time of sad musical offerings. Either give it a chance, or leave it out of the field.

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Those threads were my deal. I remember not having the desire nor the acumen to even remember, let alone rank, the 64 best albums of each decade.

The seeds came from a Top 100 list at some place called digitaldreamdoor.com because I liked it better than the Rolling Stone one. I figured, correctly, that any seeding issues would come out in the wash.

Plus, you know, it's an Internet message board and it was just supposed to be fun, not an attempt at definitive rankings.

12. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Shit, I think I had sex with Sea Bass.

Draft saved Draft deleted