1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Chris Cornell

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by melock, May 18, 2017.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

stupid lyrics are stupid lyrics. now, should I fly to Los Angeles? Find my asshole brother?

3. Dick Whitman

The Beatles were inventing the template for modern pop and rock music. Bush was carrying out the marching orders for some major label marketing team who wanted to sell a sexy Kurt Cobain who didn't scream so much and whom girls might listen to, as well. Maybe even moms and dads.

That distinction is lost on you?

4. CD Boogie

no. I just don't give a shit about the Bush back story. I enjoyed the music long before ya told me that.

5. Dick Whitman

Their music fucking sucks.

6. CD Boogie

says the guy who likes Weezer.

7. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Any bets whether CD Boogie likes Scott Stapp?

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

1: Hey, babe, whatcha doin?

2: Reading the RIP Chris Cornell thread and a Bush-Weezer fight broke out.

1: Great, babe, can you come rub my feet now?

9. Dick Whitman

Yes. Weezer is a Hall of Fame-level rock band, an innovator, and one of the top 5-10 acts of their era. Their first two albums are consensus classics.

Get better insults. You have no idea what you're talking about.

10. CD Boogie

OK, you convinced me...
    I was a senior in college when Weezer's first album dropped. Enjoyed it enough. Oooh oooh, that Buddy Holly song doesn't stand the test of time.Just subjective musical tastes. Telling someone they don't know what they're talking about when they say they don't like a particular band is some condescending shit. I was being playful.

11. Dick Whitman

I'm joking, too, but you can't use Weezer as an insult and then throw "Buddy Holly" at me as your evidence. Come on, man. I think art is subjective, too, but at some point even James Patterson's most ardent fanbois realize he's not Hemingway or Chris Jones. Bush wrote - well, performed at least - a couple catchy pop songs that were shallow carbon copies of what came before. Like I said, I enjoy Carly Rae Jensen. I'm not on here arguing that she's the Supremes.

QYFW and YankeeFan like this.
  12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Candlebox, anyone? That was Madonna's project!

Draft saved Draft deleted