1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Chef's Liver

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

This has me sitting in my chair in the backyard with a mason jar 1/3 full of this, iced tea, and ice.

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

The Apple on its own is overpowering. Almost too sweet and strongly flavored. You are correct in thinking that it makes a hell of a mixer, though.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I'd be more concerned about your taste buds than your liver.

Chef2 likes this.
  4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Oh, but I very much want to hear that story.

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Ha. It's not that wild, me and a few college buds were out of town, had a bottle in our hotel room at the end of the night and for some reason that stuff went down way too easy -- which never happens with me and the hard stuff. So I kept going back for refills like it was Diet Coke at Applebee's.

Head felt like it would explode the entire next day and I lost count of how often I threw up. I'm the type that gets motion sickness easily if I'm riding in the back of anyone's car even when perfectly healthy, so the two-hour drive home was hell. Most embarrassing part was when we stopped for lunch at our favorite small-town pan-fried chicken joint that we only hit every couple years, in the cutest little German-influenced town known for its nunnery, and I threw up on the sidewalk. I hope the nuns didn't take a walk that afternoon.

Damn you, Crown Black!

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

At my house, I call that Tuesday.

Draft saved Draft deleted