1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Charlton Heston

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by buckweaver, Apr 5, 2008.

1. Yes, and Churchill, like all of us, could really be an idiot.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

the guy is texting for god's sake.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Good Lord, I forgot all about that. That was hilarious. Wasn't there a SNL where Hartman repeated the "Soylent Green is people!" line repeatedly in a montage of skits?

Heston wasn't bad in Major Dundee. If memory serves from the Sam Peckinpah documentary I saw, Heston saved the film when the other actors balked at Peckinpah's alcohol-fueled surly attitude.

I can't believe his politics are so divisive for some. I'm as liberal and anti-gun as they come, but the man himself seemed to be a decent guy. He seems like a honorable man to disagree with.

4. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Everyone that hates Charlton Heston's "politics" hates black people.

Bigots.

5. Yeah, I believe it was like, "Soylent Green is still people! They are lying about it being a new recipe!"
    "Soylent White is people! They just changed the color!"
    Etc.

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

"Soylent Cowflops is people." Brilliant stuff ... I think John Goodman was playing the original director who kept trying to repeat the formula for success.

Draft saved Draft deleted