1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Charlie Coles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Hank_Scorpio, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

How did MAC football screw up basketball?

2. Here me roar

Here me roar Guest

It's all the conference focused on, including use of resources for years. They get alow kinds of bowl games, but hoops suffered from neglect

3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Bowen was a blast. Jud Heathcote brought Michigan State there one year and it obviously was packed and had a great energy. Earl Boykins, Marcus Kennedy, Grant Long all great players.
    Then there was the game that was delayed due to a student organization protest. I forget what it was about now, but after the organization took the court and refused to leave. They announced they were cancelling the game and everyone filed out.

As soon as it was empty, they lowered the court dividers and finished the game in front of media only.

Sadly, the new arena just doesn't have the same feel. Of course, it probably doesn't help that the team has been so bad in recent years.

Draft saved Draft deleted