1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP, Casey

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by YGBFKM, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

Not much to say except I know your pain. RIP

2. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Y, the good memories are the strongest. There are many smiles to come down the road when you think of Casey. Take care.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I just got to work, and I'm sitting here in a quiet newsroom, which reminds me how quiet it was this morning without her around.

There are plenty of memories of Casey that make us laugh and smile. And last night, I enjoyed telling the wife stories of Casey's younger days. But I feel so guilty. I keep going over all the times I could have taken a dinner break so she wasn't cooped up all day. Or the times I yelled at her for reasons that now seem so insignificant and trivial. Goddamnit do I miss her.

4. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Oh, Casey. Or, as I called her, Grandma. She was just a frantic ball of sunshine full of quirks and allergies and sweetness. She wagged her tail and cocked her head and listened to her dad. She was a happy dog because of him.

Your collar is on the mantel of your fireplace, Grandma, right above your favorite bed. I miss the jingle already.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

The headline and first graph of this really shook me up. My cat Casey turns 14 this year. Heading to the shelter and adopting him was one of the first things my future wife and I did after moving in together. He's still full of life--running around like a lunatic, biting his sister in the ass and generally being a schizoid (he's a Tabby)--but I think of the inevitable more and more these days. My thoughts to you and CB, Y. You are truly one of the good ones here.

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Is it weird to get a tattoo of a dog?

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

No one will even notice it. :D

8. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Is it weird to get a tattoo of Timothy Olyphant? Because that is what will happen after you do that.

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Can we compromise and get matching tattoos of Timothy Olyphant with Casey?

10. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Shit. I should have said Robert Pattinson.

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Casey has to wear a Cowboy hat, too.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Is it weird to get a YGBFKM tattoo?

Draft saved Draft deleted