1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Brittany Murphy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Dec 20, 2009.

1. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

God, she could be SUCH a knockout at times. The problem was those times were fewer and farther between as she got older and whatever she was into began to eat away at her.
    RIP.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I heard her husband had some sort of medical emergency on a flight a few weeks ago.

3. I'm no pop culture/celebrity maven whatsoever, but I saw most of her movies. I know some have posted on here how they'd never heard of her, but she's definitely not some obscure psuedo-celebrity like a lot of the reality stars or teen TV show "stars" nowadays. She was a breakout movie star in the early 2000's and seemed headed for some big things. After "8 Mile," she was also a serious crush for my friends and I for a while.

Really creepy that she played the dead girl in "The Dead Girl" a couple years ago.

4. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I think I read somewhere that her husband had breathing problems on a flight last month. I wonder if those two were doing drugs.

;D

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

And yet she survives, as does Amy Winehouse. Strange. Or maybe not.....Winehouse is shaping up as the female Keith Richards.

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I was watching The Client when I read her husband had some kind of breathing-related medical emergency on a flight last month. I wonder if the in-flight movie was The Client.

7. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

;D You guys are funny

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I remember having a conversation with someone recently saying, "Who would have every guessed that of the Clueless girls, she would have the best career?"

Her best films are Clueless and 8 Mile.

And as people keep pointing out... Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

9. Come on, Mizzou. Cocaine is so 1998. I will predict right here that when this is all said and done, everything that caused this death will be something that a doctor could legally prescribe. Heath Ledger. Michael Jackson. Now Brittany Murphy. Like Seattle and heroin in the 1990's, when is L.A. going to learn re: prescription drug abuse?

10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

My favorite Brittany Murphy movie was Cherry Falls.

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I guess heaven needed someone who could credibly pretend to have sex with Eminem in a factory.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Keith Richards had to go clean because Amy did all the drugs.

Draft saved Draft deleted