1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP: Brig. Gen. Paul Tibbets, USAF (ret)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Colonel Angus, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WTF does this mean?

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

There seems to be a lot of blow-hard historians around here.

3. No, there seem to be a lot of people who've looked at the matter extensively.
    What's the point here?

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

5. BBJones

BBJones Guest

That's kind of what I'm talking about in my previous post. Either you run out of things to say, or just get tired of saying them. But what, really, did that add?

6. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

Why would anyone blame the pilot? He got his mission orders and did what he was told to do.

In the military, that's what you do. You wanna blame someone, blame Truman or the brass.

7. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

Anyone coming late to the thread, BamaDog says it right by me.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Dooley noted, you charmer, you. You've saved Christmas!

10. BBJones

BBJones Guest

The Good Doctor, there's a reason I don't jump in on threads with you (which is almost all threads, I might add): You're a childish prick, who pops in on threads, drops some sarcastic jab, then pops back out.

Fenian_Bastard, fair enough. And I'm talking about the standards of how things are viewed, literally and philosophically. I supposed had the country (and world) had access to the pictures, videos and sounds of WWII as it has now, there would have been far more outcry. At least I hope so. But I think back then War was truly an us-vs.-them proposition and the general feeling was "do what it takes, no matter what that is," because nobody really got a good look at "what" that was.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Wow. What a cutting insult. Some anonymous dickhead hiding under a new username doesn't like me. I'm hurt. :'(

12. BBJones

BBJones Guest

Do you deny your habit?

And no, not a new username. Just a longtime lurker who decided, probably wrongly, to post.

If you ever have anything to say that doesn't involve attacking a poster outside of your little online clique, please enlighten us with it. But you never do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.