1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Braves

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, May 6, 2006.

1. DyePack

DyePack New Member

He says after the team wins 14-2 and is one-sixth of the way toward the victory total he predicted.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I wouldn't trade Pelfrey for anyone. Kazmir's turning out to be fine, despite playing for the Devil Rays. Zito's never going to be an ace, either, so I wouldn't nake a move just to make a move.

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

What about Dontrelle? He's young and he'll be a free agent after this season. The Mets will need a stud starter to eventually replace Pedro.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Dontrelle is not a free agent after this season. He is, however, arbitration eligible and will be looking for a huge raise.

5. fleishman

fleishman Active Member

How would Willis be a free agent after this year? You need six years service to be a free agent and he's only been in the big leagues since 2003. Granted, the Marlins will still probably trade him as his first shot at free agency comes closer but he won't be one after this year.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Duly/Dooley noted...

The point still stands, though. He's gonna want huge money and Team Sport Fishing is busy cutting corners while waiting to move. Willis could be had.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Fuck the Braves.

Phils have won 8 in a row, 4 behind the Mets. Three-game Mets-Phils series starts Tuesday in Philly.

Fuck the Braves.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

In the meantime, the Braves have three-game series with the Fish (no starter's ERA under 4.89) and the Gnats (who last week got schooled by the Fish) this week, followed by another serving of Fish next week.

9. fleishman

fleishman Active Member

I know the cliche is you play who is on the schedule. But Atlanta's next 10 are against Florida and Washington and the Mets' next 15 are against teams over .500. And through 31 games, none of the Mets opponents have a winning record with the exception of the 16-15 Padres.

Atlanta has played 19 games against teams over .500 so far and 16 of its next 22 are against losing teams..

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Fleish, that's why I keep saying I don't think the Mets are for real. Especially right now with all their pitching problems.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

Mets have 3 each in Philly, Milwaukee and St. Loo on this trip, then come home for 3 each with Yanks and Phils.
    15 games to find out how good they are...with only 3 real starters (OK, 2 1/2, 'cause I don't much trust Trachsel either)

12. fleishman

fleishman Active Member

i'm not sure one way or the other that the mets are for real either. Having this schedule has certainly helped mask those problems in the rotation in the fourth and fifth spot and the third spot to an extent. That being said, I think the run of 12 out of 15 or 15 out of 20 is coming soon by the Braves.

Draft saved Draft deleted