1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Braves

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, May 6, 2006.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I don't Welch sir. I don't even like grape juice!

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

And now the Braves just traded Betimet away to boost the bullpen. Baez in the eighth, Wickman in the ninth ... suddenly, the Braves appear to have erased a glaring weakness with those two trades.

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

We'll see, we'll see* ... [/cautiously optimistic braves looser fanboy]

*But I do like this deal.

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I'll give you Pedro.

The rest is unadulterated shit.

But you are right... The Marlins and Astros are the only teams with definitively better pitching in the NL.

And neither is likely to make the playoffs.

So, you make your point.

5. lono

lono Active Member

Hmm ... seven games under .500, eight (!) teams ahead of them in the wild-card race, riding a three-game losing streak and on pace to finish 75-87. When are you fanboys going to quit drinking the Georgia Kool-Aid?

6. And shortly after trading Betemit, word is Chipper is going back on the DL. Good thing they still have Andy Mar ... oh wait.

7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I think it was earlier in this thread I was making the point that it wasn't impossible for the Braves to catch the Mets. Well, it's still possible mathematically speaking, but it's not going to happen. Wild card? Well, the Braves have been crummy at home all year. The two deals they've made in the last week will have absolutely no effect. So this is my concession speach: 34 days till UGA kicks off.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Braves pronounced dead by rest of America. Time of death: 4:42 p.m. EST.

9. DyePack

DyePack New Member

More than two months after you started this thread, though.

10. lono

lono Active Member

After being swept by the Mets, the Braves now have the 13th-worst record in the NL, in front of only the Cubs, Pirates and 'Nats.  ::)

11. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I'm guessing this is what you meant to say. If not, then I apologize.

12. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

Where do the Braves rank in terms of salary in the NL? Are they near the bottom now?

Draft saved Draft deleted