1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Braves

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, May 6, 2006.

1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I don't at all believe in the Reds. You should realize that I'm the same guy who didn't believe in the WhiteSox last year, so take it for what it's worth. Houston for the WC, fighting till the last day, throwing Clemens, Oswalt & Pettite against a Mets team that hasn't played a meaningful game since May. Interesting, though I think the Mets still win that.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

The Mets are going to win the National League, but will get smoked by the American League Champion in the Series.

Boston: We saw the Sox sweep the Mets in June. Boston's pitching is better and they have the resources (farm, money) to make a move.

White Sox: Better pitching, stronger lineup. The thought of Steve Trachsel pitching to Paul Konerko and Jim Thome causes Omar Minaya nightmares.

Tigers: Better pitching and a solid all-around lineup.

Twins: Lirano and Santana twice in a seven game series is enough to cause Mets fans agita.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The Mets won't survive the division series.

4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Uh, you forgot someone.

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

No, I didn't. The Yankees aren't making the playoffs. Far too many holes in the rotation and bullpen and too many important position players are injured. It's too much to ask that Sheffield and Matsui and Cano rake when they come off the D.L.

6. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Mets don't have the pitching.

Not close.

They will not make the WS.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

You should take your act on the road. You're hysterical.

The Mets are good enough to get to the WS in the National League. The only team that could hang with them in a series is the St. Louis Pujolses.

8. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

The AL West crushed the NL West in interleague play.

The Mariners just won series' against Boston and Toronto (and New York, minus the chucklehead first base ump's blown call). They are young. Mediocre? Sure. But they don't suck.

/loserM'sfanboy

P.S. God how I wish the Mariners played in the NL West

9. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Who in the NL has pitching that is significantly better than the Mets? Maybe Houston, but Pettite and Oswalt haven't been having particularly good years, and anyway, the Astros can't hit. Other than that, everybody's looking for a third or fourth starter. The Mets have an above average bullpen, so 5 or 6 decent innings out of a starter gives them a good chance to win, especially with their lineup. They don't have to make a single move to win the National League. The Series is another story.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

The Mets are ABSOLUTELY not winning the NLCS. I'll be surprised if they get to the NLCS.

I don't care how many fucking moves they make between today and Monday, they are not winning the LCS. Bank it. Book it. Et cetera.

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Wanna bet? :D ;D 8) :p

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Sure! I'll bet! Just don't welch on me!

Draft saved Draft deleted