1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Brad Delp, Boston lead singer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Idaho, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I had a junior high music teacher who according to legend was offered the chance to be in Boston when it was starting up. He turned it down because he didn't think they'd go anywhere.
    I'm not sure if that's a true story or not, but that was the word around the school.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

You got that right!

[​IMG]

I had NO IDEA Squier tried out for Boston. Boy, I can't see that. Does that mean Brad Delp would have done Rock Me Tonite? Geez, talk about speaking ill of the dead.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Not that there would have been anything wrong with that.

4. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

Sadly, this is the Delp photo they ran in newspaper story I saw. Yeesh.

[​IMG]

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I love Boston... Their first album is an absolute classic and the second and third aren't too shabby either...

RIP

6. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

The thing about Boston is that the music *drives* much moreso than in a lot of other bands. Delp's voice fits the music really, really well.

By "Third Stage," I believe Scholz and Delp were the only two band members left.

Scholz did put together a "Boston" album in the late 1990s where he was the only original member of the band that performed on it. He used three different lead singers, none of which were Delp (and all of which sounded like him). I remember one reviewer said "This album proves Scholz is good at cloning, but not much else." Without Delp, it sounded wrong, but it wasn't terrible.

Draft saved Draft deleted